Any information regarding a delay or cancellation of school will be communicated on the local television stations: 18 (NBC), 27 (CBS), 36 (ABC), the Academy’s website, and through an e-mail alert (Constant Contact). You may also register your cell phone number to receive an automatic text alert with Channel 27, Sno-Go System (WKYT/CBS Affiliate).
St. Agatha Academy does not automatically follow Clark County Public School closures and delays.
If there is inclement weather proceeding through the day, school will not be dismissed early unless we are advised to dismiss by our Diocesan Superintendent’s Office or Clark County Emergency Management. If you feel the need to pick up your student due to deteriorating weather conditions, please feel free to do so. Safety is our number one concern.
If we are in session, or a morning delay is called and you do not feel comfortable driving from your location, please call the main office at 744-6484. We encourage you to use your discretion when assessing driving for your family.
In addition, if a morning delay is called, afternoon dismissal will still occur at the regular time. For example, for a one-hour delay, school will open at 8:15AM, with prayer and pledge at 8:45AM. Dismissal will be at the normal time, 2:55PM for busses, and 3:00PM for cars.
Inclement Weather Bus Service Policy
- St. Agatha will decide to run bus or not and send out Flocknote (cell phone message) to parents.
- At noon, another assessment will be made and if the roads have been cleared, a Flocknote (cell phone message) will be sent notifying parents that the bus will be available to take students to Mt. Sterling that afternoon
Winchester Bus – If Clark County calls off and SAA is still on
- Winchester (Foothills) bus determines whether to call off the afternoon bus service.
- If cancelled, the parent will be responsible to pickup the student from school and return home
- If not cancelled, bus service is business as usual